High Holy Days
JOIN US FOR HIGH HOLY DAYS 5778!
Help us usher in 5778 with joy, contemplation and camaraderie…
- Rosh Hashana begins at 7:30 on Wednesday, September 20,2017
- Yom Kippur begins at 7:30 on Friday, September 29, 2017
Our services are open to everyone – you don’t have to pay to pray! We believe everyone deserves equal access to what is holy. (Of course, we welcome donations and support of any kind.)
Bring your hopes and dreams for the coming year – and everything you are to our welcoming community!
- We will be offering free professional childcare services this year.
- Family Service will take place at 10:00 AM with Rabbi Copeland and Cantor Bernstein on Yom Kippur and the first day of Rosh Hashanah.
- Children in childcare will attend Family Services. You are also welcome to join your child for the service part portion of the morning.
- Food is provided for children in childcare. If you just want to attend Family Services with your child, there is no need to signup in advance.
- Registration: Please let us know if you will be needing childcare so we can staff accordingly.
REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT!
Join Sha’ar Zahav to re-enter the spiritual and emotional spaces where you find meaning –“return to the land of your soul.” There are many opportunities:
S’lichot – Saturday, September 16, 8:00 pm, @Sha’ar Zahav (SZ)
Rosh Hashana Evening (Erev) – Wednesday, September 20, 7:30 pm, @Herbst
Rosh Hashana Day 1: Morning (Shacharit) – Thursday, September 21, 9:30 am, @Herbst
Rosh Hashana Day 1: Morning (Shacharit) – Friday, September 22, 9:30 am, @SZ
Yom Kippur Evening (Kol Nidre) – Friday, September 29, 7:30 pm, @Herbst
Yom Kippur Morning (Shacharit) – Saturday, September 30, 9:30 am, @Herbst
Yom Kippur Afternoon (Mincha) – Saturday, September 30, 1:00 pm, @Herbst
Yom Kippur Afternoon (Niggun/Chanting) – Saturday, September 30, 2:00 pm, @Herbst
Yom Kippur Late Afternoon (Yizkor/Neila) – Saturday, September 30, 5:30 pm, @Herbst
Yom Kippur Break-the-Fast – Saturday, September 30, Sundown, @Herbst