SIDDUR SHA’AR ZAHAV is a prayerbook that reflects our modern lives, our yearnings and our power to bring healing to ourselves and to others.
Created in 2009, Siddur Sha’ar Zahav speaks directly to experiences which are not found in other published siddurim — prayers for being single, contemplations for nonbelievers, and blessings for coming out of dark places. It engages traditional Jewish liturgy and goes beyond. It is also a complete LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer) and egalitarian Jewish prayer book. It is for those who are learning prayers and those who are deeply knowledgeable.
There are powerful sections with:
- Blessings (Brachot) for many occasions, daily life and life-cycle events
- Remembrances (Chesed V’Emet) for synagogue, graveside and home use
- Multiple readings for Pride Shabbat and Transgender Remembrance Shabbat
- Songs (Shirim/Z’mirot) from our world-wide Jewish heritage
Designed for both individual and communal use, Siddur Sha’ar Zahav is a must-have resource for individuals and clergy – both Jewish and non-Jewish.
We invite you to read more about our prayerbook for your own use or experience it yourself at our services.
Siddur Sha’ar Zahav will again be available for purchase in August for $54 plus tax and $10 handling cost. Click below to pre-order your copy online or mail your payment to Sha’ar Zahav, 290 Dolores Street, San Francisco, CA 94103. For international orders, please contact our office at 415-861-6932.
More About Siddur Sha’ar Zahav
Siddur Sha’ar Zahav is the first LGBT Prayer Book for every occasion. It includes:
- Services for Shabbat evening and morning, weeknights, and all the Jewish holidays
- Diverse liturgy with educational commentaries
- Hebrew, English and transliterations of every prayer
- New readings that reflect contemporary Jewish life
- Egalitarian and LGBT-inclusive translations
- Expressive art and photographs
Siddur Sha’ar Zahav is the first truly embracing 21st Century siddur with:
- Entirely new translations of ancient texts
- Blessings for non-traditional families
- Readings on discovering your sexual orientation
- Prayers for non-believers and agnostics
- Essays that re-imagine our most cherished texts
- A marriage equality blessing
- Jewish poetry from all over the world
- New Prayers with LGBTQ themes
- Commentaries relating liturgy to our lives today
We anticipate siddurim will be available August 2019. You may pre-order copies for $54 plus tax and handling. Be among the first to receive Siddur Sha’ar Zahav when it becomes available!